Friday, September 30, 2011

Another Missed Memory


Tears well up like you just might lose your cool,
Your way of suppressing it, gave no exception to the rule,
Shake your head; tell me it’s all alright,
But I can tell by the look in your eyes you’ve already lost the fight,
Visions of missed memories dance throughout your dreams,
Even you didn’t think things would turn out to be what they seem,
Fight back those tears, prove my point one more time,
The more I reach for you, the further you climb,
Run away from the truth I’m so quick to discover,
You don’t have to say a word; I know that you still love her,
Even as I’m in your arms, I know she has your heart,
I had figured this would happen, I should have known from the start,
You promise you’re happy with me, that I’m the on you want,
But honey, we both know we can be all non-chalet,
I can’t keep pretending to overlook your tears,
I can’t replace the memory you’ve been missing all these years,

Sitting there I crumble as I watch your heart break,
Question my standing here and how much more of this I can take,
Even when she no longer has him, he’s still caught up in her,
Instead of thinking of our future he only dreams of what they were,
I hear you draw in a breath for you know that I know,
You don’t want to lose me but you just can’t let her go,
Knowing what I have to do, I slowly turn away,
There’s nothing you need to explain, there’s nothing you can say,
I see you break down as you whisper, ‘you mean too much to me’,
But I refuse to replace such a missed memory.

<3 Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment